Training and Events
Capacity Australia runs regular workshops (see dates below) or can develop a workshop or presentation according to your organisation’s needs. Our trainers/presenters are specialists in the capacity area with backgrounds including in law, medicine, psychiatry, neuropsychology and nursing.
Capacity Australia provides education and training in the following areas:
- human rights and decision-making capacity
- supported or assisted decision-making
- assessing decision-making capacity
- planning ahead – powers of attorney, enduring guardianship, advance care directives, wills and other similar documents
- capacity and medical and dental decisions
- person responsible
- guardianship and administration/financial management and
- prevention of abuse, neglect and exploitation of people who may lack decision-making capacity.
Our training is tailored to each individual State or Territory as the relevant law regarding decision-making capacity differs throughout Australian jurisdictions. Additionally, modules have been developed for various sectors, addressing issues specific to the audience.
18th February 2016 – Capacity Australia Workshop for the Financial Services Sector
Giving an edge to financial service providers for their ageing or disabled clients
This Conference will be on educating the Financial Services Sector on Dementia, Financial abuse and Supported Decision Making. In 2016 we are still experiencing an increased incidents of elder abuse and in particular financial abuse. How do financial services professionals know when someone is struggling with the management of their finances.